Monday, July 28, 2014

Circuit boards!

I have been waiting forever to do these nails!! I finally got the nail stamping plates I ordered from Bundle Monster.

I ordered the nail stamping kit off amazon for under $5. I got the SHANY Stamping Nail Art Set. There are TONS of different brands and types of kits. I just picked a cheaper one that came with the stamper, the scraper, and the holder thingy (yes, that is the technical name). :)


And for this look I used Bundle Monster plate BM-145. The stamping plates are awesome. You can buy them in sets or individually from Bundle Monster. They are a little cheaper if you buy the whole set, but there were a few that I really wanted and I didn't want to buy several sets (the ones I really wanted weren't all in the same set). So I just bought the individual plates. Completely worth it though, I LOVE them!

There are some companies that sell the plates that insist you have to use their special nail polish in order for the stamping to work. And of course their "special" nail polish is more expensive. Admittedly my experience with these plates so far is extremely limited, but if you are patient and expect your first couple of tries to not be perfect, any nail polish works. I've used newer and older colors, and by that I mean freshly opened polish vs polish opened months ago. It all worked just fine.

Now on to my nails!

First I painted my clear base coat, and then I did a couple coats of Revlon Nail Enamel: Posh.

Seriously. They look awesome. I LOOOOOOOOVE them!!! :D
Then I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear, 220 Celeb City with the stamping plate. Finished it off with a clear top coat and I was done!


The stamper and the plates are super easy to use, pretty messy, but easy. I will hopefully in the future post a video on how to actually use it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment