Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Matte Top Coat!!!

I finally splurged and bought myself a matte top coat for my nails! After some quick research on the interwebs I decided to go with Essie Matte About You. It seemed to be the most dramatic mattifying effect, which is what I wanted.

For my first look with my (not) shiny new top coat I decided to do black on black. Ba-BAM!

Left hand

A-mazing! I love the texture difference!! I used pretty much all the tricks I have to get all the different designs. Stamping plates, striping tape, dotting tools, those circle reinforcement stickers....all my tricks.

I used the pattern on the right from this one.
I used plates BM-319, BM-223, and BM-221 (for more info on the plates and where to buy them see my Circuit Boards! post).

I used the top center pattern from this one.

These are the circle reinforcement stickers I mentioned.


And I used the right pattern from this plate as well.


I painted my nails black first, a couple of coats. Then I painted on the matte top coat. Watching my nails slowly go from shiny to matte was like magic! I waited for that to dry (mostly, I am so impatient) and then did all the designs, obviously also in black.

Right hand





















No top coat to finish these babies off like I usually would, because that would defeat the whole purpose of the two different textures. These were definitely fun. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment