Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Turquoise

I love turquoise jewelry. I love turquoise, it's just so gorgeous! I found a new technique on Pinterest that (1) looked really easy and (2) looked exactly like turquoise, so I had to try it!


After the base coat I used Sinful Colors Professional Nail Polish Enamel: 950 Savage for the turquoise color.

Then to get the "turquoise effect"... You filled a disposable container with room temperature water. Then drop a couple of  drops of black nail polish into the water and then spritz the surface with rubbing alcohol. Slowly dip the nail into the pattern you just created and BAM turquoise nails! I recommend taping around your nail or coating your skin in vaseline as it does get a smidge messy.

So when I did these nails I had no plans yet of starting a blog to chronicle my nail art so I don't have any pictures of the steps it took to get these nails. So here is the tutorial I found on pinterest; http://www.pinterest.com/pin/533324780845040652/

I topped this job off with the gel top coat...because it is awesome and I wanted it to last a while. :D




1 comment: