Friday, August 15, 2014

Toes and Mishaps

So in this post I am going to show you some of my....not so great attempts. I know it seems silly to show off my less than perfect nail art, but I want this blog to be real. Although I will admit I do have a talent for this, I still mess up and have try out a new technique a couple times before I get right. And sometimes even I have an idea that I think will be awesome....but it isn't. So here are a few of my lesser nail art designs...except the first one, that one is awesome. ;)

I did my toenails with super cute french tips!


And then I used my Pinkie Picasso nail art pens to do the flower details on the big toes. My toes are freaking adorable.


When those needed to be redone I did cherry blossoms, which turned out, ehhh, so so...


 So I'd done this design on my nails before I did it on my toes and it looked far better on my nails. These just ended up looking like weird blobs.

See, way cuter on my nails. I did use a lighter brown for the "branch" part. I also just noticed that all my nails are weirdly rounded



Seriously, look at them, rounded tips do NOT look good on me, yich.


Which goes to show how important it is to find which nail shape is best for you. I personally prefer  the squarely rounded.


Next up was my first attempt at zebra stripes! I think they might have looked more zebra-y if I hadn't chosen super hyper colored nail polish...

 

The orange was supposed to be less orange and the "yellow" is actually green that just ended up looking neon yellow because of the base color. It really is just an all around mess, haha. For once though my natural shakiness and inability to draw a straight line worked for me!

For my next not so hot attempt..... I was actually trying to copy a picture I saw on pinterest and failed.

So this is what I was trying to copy.

This is my pinterest fail. Haha, it just did NOT work.
This is the other hand, it also looks less than fine.

So there you have it! Nobody is perfect, even me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment